HJ Socks will help you choose the right socks for you:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Buying socks is easy... you just make sure you get the correct size, right? What people often don't realise is that socks can have many features that can benefit you in different ways.
Below are some of the features we can offer you with our socks and how they could aid you.
Socks with Non-Elasticated Tops
These socks are easier to get on and off, reduce restriction of circulation to your feet and stop unsightly marks on your legs. They are particularly good for swollen feet and people with circulation problems. We offer Softop® socks with non-elastic tops, they are the original design for this style of sock. The three, unique, relaxation panels contract vertically allowing the socks to stay up. We offer these in various styles & colours in cotton, wool and bamboo.
Socks for Swollen Ankles
HJ range includes two approaches with regards to socks that are suitable for those with swollen ankles or legs. One is the range of socks with non-elastic tops, the world-famous Softop® socks; and the other is our range of 'diabetic socks', that use a non-constricting mesh top as well as smooth-toe seams, cushioned foot padding to reduce irritation and risk of blisters.
Socks with cushioned soles give protection and comfort to vulnerable feet. They can also help reduce callus formation by reducing friction, and make you feel like you are walking on air.
Comfort fit socks aimed at diabetics have smooth toe seams to reduce friction significantly, thereby aiding in the prevention of blisters and sores. They reduce pressure on the foot by means of the non-binding top and wrinkle-proof material stopping compression on particular sections of the feet and promoting healthy circulation. They also have cushioned soles to help protect your feet and prevent blisters. Specifically our range of Diabetic Socks are designed for people who suffer with diabetes and feature all of the above.
Extra Wide Socks
If you suffer from swollen feet or ankles tight socks will only add to your discomfort. Extra wide socks can be a great relief, they can also help people with medical conditions such as edema or with circulatory problems.
Socks with a Smooth Toe Seam
By linking the stitches of the two sides of the toe seam together with one thread creates a comfortable, flat seam. These socks with smooth toe seams can reduce irritation and pressure on your toes. Some find this helpful for medical reasons and other just find toe seams in socks an irritant. We offer various socks with this benefit so you can enjoy the comfort on non-elasticated, elasticated and diabetic socks.
Socks with Ventilated Panels
Ventilated foot panels allow your feet to breathe. They provide additional comfort by keeping your feet cool and dry. Cotton socks do not offer natural wicking properties so by having ventilation panels it means that moisture is more readily evaporated giving your feet greater relief.
Socks to Promote Warmth
Who doesn’t love having toasty feet? (Perhaps people who live in warmer climates!) But as we are in the UK and the weather changes, well, like the weather, keeping your feet warm is pretty much a requirement. Thermal wool socks with a heavier weight composition these also help to prevent and reduce symptoms for ailments such as chilblains and Raynaud’s.
Yarn information and characteristics to help you in choosing the correct socks for you, to best match your requirements and lifestyle.
The raising of sheep for wool is now an important industry in many countries, and the quality of different wools is correspondingly diverse. Generally the finer the thickness of the wool yarn, the better the quality.
- Regulating Body Temperature – wool is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn next to the skin.
- Warmth – The wool provides warmth, without overheating the wearer.
- Wicking – It draws moisture (Sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking.
- Moisture Repellent- The fabric is slightly moisture repellent allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
- Hypothermia – Wool retains warmth when wet helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts or climbs.
Many varieties of cotton plant are grown commercially in different parts of the world, under a wide range of growing conditions.
- Cotton fabric is popular because it’s easy to launder and comfortable to wear.
- In hot humid weather, cotton “breathes”, as the body perspires cotton fibres absorb the moisture and release it on the surface of the fabric, so it evaporates.
- Absorbs up to 27 times its own weight in water.
- In cold weather if the fabric remains dry, the fibres retain body heat.
- It withstands high water temperatures, so can be boiled and thus sterilized.
- It is durable and strong but also comfortable and soft.
- It also resists abrasion, pilling and moths.
We use Nylon as a backing in most of our socks as it gives the sock strength and stability and can be colour matched easily to the main yarn.
- Variation of lustre - nylon has the ability to be very lustrous, semi lustrous or dull.
- Durability - its high tenacity fibres are used for seatbelts, tyre cords and ballistic cloth.
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Paved the way for easy care garments
- High resistance to insects, fungi, animals, as well moulds, mildew, rot and many chemicals.